Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Getting back at the Game - Triathlons

Well, its been a while. Last blog 2007, this one 2016. 9 Years. Seems like a life time. A good friend told me that one of the ways to discover yourself again is through writing. Taking her advice, I said why not. I was more convinced about this idea since when I read my blogs from 2007 and backwards, I realized who I was, what I enjoyed and my true nature. Over the years, result of corporate dampening, I seem to have lost myself, I feel less connected, feels like I am a kite cut loose. Hence, in an earnest attempt to re-discover (not re invent) myself, I am getting back to writing.

Currently the most interesting thing in my life is getting back to Triathlon. Almost after 8 years of in-action, at the cost being politically correct, I am enjoying the littelities of swimming, cycling and running, in that order. For those of you who don't know what the sport is, its a suicide mission where an individual chooses to put his body through enormous amount of stress first swimming, then cycling and then running ONLY to prove to himself that he still got the balls! and by the way it "appears" that the athletes are killing it but in reality this is how it goes in an athlete's mind :


1. First 100m of swimming - I am gonna kill it! Whip Lash Loosh! Full speed ahead
2. 500m -1000m - Speed stabilized. Man, How much more?
3. Last 500 m - Look at others, they are taking over me, lets do it faster
4. First transition to cycling - My pants are wet :(
5. Cycling - Why am I cycling so hard?
6. TRANSITION TO RUNNING - WHY ON EARTH WAS I BORN?
7. Running, first 100 m - Life is beautiful
8. Running, 1km - 2.5km - Life sucks
9. Running last - 500m - Let's do it baby!

Above feelings are from practice session, I am yet to run my first triathlon on the season on 10th of Sept. God Speed ahead! 

No comments: